Friday, July 5, 2013

June

June went by so quickly, and thank goodness because as the temperature rises I get more and more anxious for this pregnancy to be over and to have my baby girl.
 
Noah's final t-ball game was June 1st. He did so well and had a lot of fun. He really came to love playing t-ball and was sad when it was all over.
 



Here are my boys just hanging out together.

 
I've been in, what I like to call, an extreme nesting phase of my pregnancy. I never really had that urge to "nest" in my previous 2 pregnancies, but I certainly am now. So, I've been busy cleaning everything. Nate has been very patient and go-with-the-flow along the way and has helped out with all of the projects I've wanted done- what a great guy! We started one of our biggest projects with the boys' room. We cleared everything out, took everything off their walls and, while Nate steam cleaned the carpet, I washed the walls and patched all the little holes. Then, after the floor was dry, Nate set up the boys' new bunk bed that was given to us by Nate's sister and her husband, Lisa and Tommy. Here are the boys after their first night's sleep in their new bed.



We have afternoon church, which is difficult with kids who take naps regularly. And, since Nate has church meetings often before church, I'm left to get myself and the kids ready all on my own. We have a good routine down though, which helps a lot- I wonder how long it'll take me to get used to getting a third kid ready all on my own... Anyway, When we're about 30 minutes away from needing to leave, I help the boys get dressed, then shut them out of my room while I get ready. Usually there's a lot of fighting going on outside my bedroom at this time, that's just how it goes some times. One Sunday, though, it was silent. When I was all ready, I found Noah sitting quietly, coloring, and I found Porter like this...
I guess he was tired.
 
Noah is growing up and has become such a great helper. He has a schedule of chores that he does each week and usually does a great job of getting them done. One of the greatest things about having him do chores, is seeing the example he sets for his little brother. Often, when Noah is doing a chore, Porter comes to watch or help. One of their favorite jobs to do together is the dishes.

 
We've had lots of friends over to play in our little pool. It makes for a lot of fun on those hot summer days.


 
Noah got to attend a Golf Camp for a week in June. It was really hot that week, but Noah still had fun learning about golf. I was impressed by his swing. One of the assistants to the Golf Pro wore a Velcro suit at the end of each day and the kids got to try to hit him with their ball. Noah got him on his first try! That was his favorite part of the camp, he called the guy in the Velcro suit Sticky Joe.


 
Porter has been having a blast with blocks and Lego's. When he gets them all to himself he makes some pretty cool creations. Here are a couple of his cities.


 
I think Noah feels a little cheated by our lack of summer vacationing, we really haven't gone anywhere exciting. But Noah, being Noah, can't be brought down easily. He packed up his backpack, strapped himself to his trusty triceratops and took an adventure of his own.

 
We had a fun Independence Day. We went to the parade in town and enjoyed BBQs with friends. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperative with the laser show that was supposed to go on in place of fireworks last night. The rest of July should be pretty exciting for us. I have my baby shower tomorrow. Next week my niece is getting married. Noah starts school at the end of the month. And, who knows, maybe I'll have a baby this month too ;)

 

No comments: