Today is Porter's 2nd birthday. Where has the time gone?
Here he is on the day of his birth:
And here he is now, trying to make a silly face:Porter loves to play and laugh. When I heard him wake up this morning I went into his room to get him out of his crib and found him bouncing and singing a song to himself. He loves to sing and he makes up songs a lot. He is usually easy going, but he also has his more demanding moments. I sometimes call him "echo" because he often tries to join in on Noah's story tellings by repeating everything he says, it's so fun having these two brothers in our home. Porter is speaking very well and can express himself clearly now. He is very good at remembering to say please, thank you, and your welcome. He likes to be given hugs and kisses. While Nate is away at work, Porter often asks, "Daddy are?" When I tell him that Daddy is at work, he responds with, "Oh!" Then, when Nate comes home, he runs to me and exclaims, "Daddy home!" He is a definite Daddy's boy. He is starting to get the idea that another baby is coming to our family. As I was looking though baby pictures of Porter a few days ago, he pointed to the pictures and said, "Sister." He loves looking at babies, I hope he'll enjoy his sister as much as he seems to enjoy all the other babies. He plays well with other kids and has developed a special friendship with Wil, the son of Nate's best friend, Jay, who is only a few months older than Porter. It is so fun to see the two of them together and it makes it even more fun knowing that their daddy's played together at the same age. Porter loves playing outside. His favorite thing to play on at the park is the slides. He likes to color, but prefers coloring with chalk to coloring with crayons or pencils. He is beginning to enjoy sitting and looking at books more and being read to. I am having so much fun watching Porter grow up. He has such a positive, happy energy (like his Dad). Happy Birthday, Porter!
No comments:
Post a Comment