Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Sights That Make Me Smile

Every day I have little moments where I wish I could just record what I see or hear exactly as it is happening right when it happens, just so I can always remember them. Sometimes I'll just look over at Nate while he's holding Porter or playing with Noah and feel a rush of love and appreciation for him. Or there are times when my eyes meet Porter's and the blue of his eyes just captures me and he gets this beautiful smile across his face. Then there's Noah, he says the sweetest things. He'll be drawing a picture or eating a snack and he'll just look over at me and say, "I love you, mommy." It warms my heart. Since having Porter I've realized how quickly Noah has grown up, it's hard to believe he was ever as small and helpless as Porter is now. So, I've been trying harder to get the camera out more often to record just daily things.


I love this picture of Porter. He is such a happy baby. Boy, his hair sure does look red here.


Here's Noah in a fort we built in our living room. We kept it up for a day and a half, he used it as Peter Parker's house when he's not being Spider Man.


Noah loves being a big brother. He loves to hold Porter and takes every opportunity to play with him. I just love this picture of the two of them playing together. I know they're going to be best friends.


My boys!

Next, here's a picture of what Nate has going on in our backyard. It has been a slow process because Nate has been busy with work, scouts, and other things, but it's taking shape. Nate is putting in a patio and has been working on the cement blocks for the ground. Nate has been able to get more done than what is pictured here, but you can get an idea of how it's going to look. You can also see our pretty bushes which are really growing and have some beautiful blossoms.

Nate should, hopefully, have the cement all done in the next week or two. Then he'll need to put in the grout and start building the patio itself and some other finishing touches. He's working on his design for the whole set-up, it's going to be functional as well as artistic- the way only Nate could do it. We're hoping it'll be ready in time for us to have a backyard party for Nate's birthday in October.

No comments: