Wednesday, November 3, 2010

October Fun!

Wow, I can't believe it's already November! We had a really packed and fun October. Nate was able to go to LA for a couple of days for work and made some great contacts while there. Nate also celebrated his 30th birthday. Noah and I had a lot of fun preparing for Nate's surprise birthday party which we held the night before his actual birthday. It was great to have family and friends over to celebrate such an exciting birthday for such a great guy. Another thing we did was Noah and I took a drive out to the pumpkin patch, which was very exhausting, but well worth the trip. In mid-October my brothers, David and John, drove down along with my nephew, Dawsen, so they could run in the 1,000-Step race in Bisbee. My brothers enjoyed participating in the race and I was impressed by how well they did.
Here are Dave and John on some of the steps in Bisbee (the race wasn't actually on these steps though)

Here they are before the race started.

Here's John after crossing the finish line.

Here's Dave after crossing the finish line.

Since my brothers are in great shape they weren't too tired to do a little touring around Bisbee after the race. Bisbee is a pretty interesting town with a lot of neat things to see. I have too many pictures from this trip (Nate got hold of the camera and he always takes more pictures than I know what to do with), but this is one of my favorites. We let Noah play on a playground for a little bit and he's pointing to a bug on a leaf from the tree above him. I love how kids take the time to notice everything!

Then, of course, you can't mention October without mentioning Halloween. This year was Noah's first year of really being into Halloween and, BOY was he into Halloween! He decided months ago that he wanted to be a pirate and I had a friend who let us borrow a very cute pirate costume for Noah this year. Noah loved the costume and so did everyone who saw him in it. Noah had a lot of opportunities to wear the costume too as he was invited to 2 Halloween parties by friends and was also able to wear his costume to a Halloween puppet show as well as to our ward party. We had a great Halloween! I dressed up as a surly pirate wench for the ward Halloween party, Nate was a zombie brain surgeon.

Our ward Halloween party was a blast! Noah had a lot of fun in the obstacle course room, here's a picture of him in there.

At the end of the evening, the kids all got a chance to go up on stage and tell everyone what they were dressed as. I hadn't even thought of taking Noah on stage, but he followed the rest of the kids up there and wasn't a bit shy about telling everyone he was a pirate (I have no idea where that comes from).

In all, October was an exciting month. We're really looking forward to some fun events happening this month- the ultrasound, Thanksgiving, and, of course, Noah's 3rd birthday. Noah is already looking forward to Halloween next year and has decided that if our baby is a girl (which he's pretty sure about) he wants to be Peter Pan and the baby can be Tinker Bell.

1 comment:

Camille said...

What a cool idea to have the kids come on stage and tell who they are dressed as. I'll bet Noah was too cute up there! I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes...