Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Something to Celebrate

Back in August my little brother, Shawn, and his beautiful fiance, Justine, tied the knot at a small ceremony in Washington. We are super happy for them and were very excited to be able to celebrate with them at an open house they had last weekend. Noah had a really great time playing with his cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandparents but the highlight of the evening (for him anyway) was getting to ride Storm, one of Shawn's in-law's horses.

Noah also loved getting the chance to see his baby cousin, MiaBella (Shawn and Justine's). We thought he could get some practice holding a baby so he'll be ready once his little brother or sister arrives.

Another fun thing we got to celebrate recently was RAIN! After a pretty disappointing monsoon season (at least at our place) we were very happy to welcome cooler weather and a lot of rain yesterday. Noah and I have been waiting for a good rain to come so we could get outside and splash in the puddles and it finally came. Noah had a blast and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. We had to stay pretty close to the house because there was quite a bit of thunder and lightning, but it was still fun. Please don't judge me for sending Noah out with rain boots, a rain coat, and shorts on- out here you have to take advantage of the rain without delay or you just might miss it.




2 comments:

Lines Family said...

How fun! And I am very impressed that you put a coat and boots on
Noah. I've sent our kids out in their regular clothes and no shoes.

Amber Omer said...

Those are such great pictures of Noah in the rain! You are such a fun and awesome Mom!! Before next monsoon season I need to get our kiddos some rain boots. That just looks like so much fun!