Thursday, May 20, 2010

In a Dinner Rut?




In good faith that you too will share the wealth, I am offering up a new favorite recipe of mine. I found the recipe online and then tweaked it to better fit my taste. My hope is that I will get some new recipes in exchange because I seriously feel like I'm in a bit of a rut lately with dinner.

Bethany's Spanish Chicken and Rice

Combine 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Once mixed, add 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and shake until the chicken is well coated.
Melt 1 Tbs. margarine in a large skillet, add chicken and brown over medium heat.
Remove chicken and set aside. Once chicken is removed add to skillet 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped pablano chile, 1 garlic clove minced, 1/8-1/4 cup each chopped red and orange bell peppers. Saute until tender. Add 1/2 cup salsa (Herdez is my favorite for this recipe) and 1/2 cup uncooked rice (white or yellow will work but yellow is the best), cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 & 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/8 tsp. chili powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt, stir and bring to boil.
Pour rice mixture into an ungreased baking dish, top with chicken, cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, removing cover for final 15 minutes.

Enjoy! My family loves this meal. I serve it with seasoned black beans and a nice crunchy salad.

No comments: