A few months ago I decided I wanted to put a seat on my bicycle so Noah and I could ride places nearby instead of driving everywhere. I haven't used my bike in a long time and I've had the same bike since I was about 12 years old, my Dad found it at a thrift store for $10. With a little help from Jay who replaced a brake line for me, Nate got my bike all set up and ready for Noah and I to ride. Saturday night Noah and I strapped on our helmets and took a ride around in front of our house, we had such a good time and I'm excited to take him places during the day so he can enjoy the sights. Nate and I are especially proud because as we talked to Noah about going on the bicycle and wearing his helmet to prepare him for the ride he was able to say both "bicycle" and "helmet", what a little smarty pants.
And now, our reviews of Terminator Salvation:
BETHANY: Let me just say, if you haven't seen the other Terminator movies, don't bother with this one. I didn't see them and, if Nate hadn't summarized each film for me prior to seeing this one, I would have been completely lost. I came out of this movie asking myself, "Did I like it?". That's usually not a good sign, but I think I did. It could be because I could never admit to myself that I don't like a movie with Christian Bale, but I don't think that's it (really, Nate). I like that the story development is designed to prove the worth of the human quality as opposed to these intelligent, nearly invincible machines. When all is said and done, if you're only going to see one movie this summer don't let it be this one, see it when it comes out on DVD.
NATE: I too came out of this one wondering, "Did I like it?" It was well done, I like Christian Bale (not for the same reasons Bethany does), I like the Terminator movies, yet I still wasn't totally awed like I was for...lets say Transformers. I liked most of it alot because of the post-apocalyptic feel ie Mad Max. One thing that I did like was the way that the machines weren't totally out of this world like they were in Transformers. They felt like they were built here on earth and had the limitations of earthbound objects. For example there is a giant two legged machine that was in the previews that was collecting people that had what looked like diesel exhaust billowing from it. It wasn't powered by some mysterious force. What kind of made me not like it was the last scene. If you've seen T1 and T2, it is simply a mix of the last scenes from those movies. I think they tried to copy them too much. I think I'll rent it again but I'll have to think about buying it.
1 comment:
Sorry, I'm no help with the Terminator movies but way impressed with your bike! I've never tried to ride with Trevor in a seat too. I'll bet Noah loved it!
Post a Comment