We moved out of our Benson house in November and Nate headed up to our new house, while the kids and I stayed back in Benson at the home of our friends Sarah and Josh (thank you guys!). We spent a lot of December missing Nate, but we made time for some fun there too.
The first night Nate was away, was the Christmas party for church. It was really nice. Here are the kids visiting with Santa. Porter would not leave him, he game him his loooong list of what he wanted. This is as close as Holland would get to Santa.
Noah was still very excited to see Santa- he looks like he's getting a little big for his lap ;(
The next day, we received this picture from Nate when he and Artie arrived to our new house!
Noah started attending Cub Scout meetings in December while we were still in Benson, he just couldn't wait to start until after we moved. He looks so handsome in his uniform.
Something we always wanted to do while living in Benson was to visit, "The Thing". We had always talked about going, but just never made it, until one morning in December. I woke up feeling sick/in pain and the kids started driving me crazy and I decided we'd all be better off if we just got out of the house to have some fun, so we drove to see "The Thing." I won't spill any secrets, I'll just say, it was about $1 for the 4 of us to go in and it was worth the price of admission, not in a bad way, it was fun and the museum had some very interesting things in it beside "The Thing" which we were all thrilled to finally be in on the secret.
(like our photo bomber?)
After seeing the thing, we headed south to Bisbee for one last visit. I really like Bisbee. It's a really unique town. The weather was perfect for walking around and enjoying the sights and art.
Outside the mine museum.
At the playground.
We missed Nate bunches! Thank goodness for FaceTime. Here are Nate and Noah on the phone.
I finally got to the point where I just could not be without adults anymore. It was really hard living separately from Nate and just not having another adult to talk to at the end of the day. So, just a couple of days early, we left Benson. Here are Noah and Leif saying goodbye before we left. Leif is Noah's best friend, he really misses him. I really hope they will stay in touch and get to see each other again soon.
After leaving Benson, we went up to stay with my parents. I am so grateful to Mom and Roy for letting me stay with them for so long. They are really great company and were great hosts to the kids and I. I know we're not easy to have around for such a long time, but it was really nice to spend that extra time with them and to be able to visit other family members and friends and celebrate Christmas before we left Arizona.
No comments:
Post a Comment