Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Louisville (luh-vool), KY



Nathan's travels began early in June and took him across America. He made several stops along the way, all for business of course... except perhaps the "potty stop" at the Corvette museum. While he was away, I took the kids up to my parents' for some fun, then flew out to Louisville, KY to meet Nate an his co-workers. That's right! Nate and I got a little vacation WITHOUT kids. When I arrived in, I flew with one of Nate's co-workers, Armando, we took a shuttle to our hotel, which was actually in Indiana, and met Nate and Artie there. After we got settled in, we took a walk, exploring the area around our hotel. We found a pedestrian bridge that crossed over the Ohio River (as seen in the pictures above, the 1st picture is from my hotel room).

As I stayed for 4 days and Nate was there for work, I got a lot of time by myself, which was nice. I explored downtown Louisville my first day, just taking in the sights, visiting museums, and really just enjoying myself. The weather was nice, warm and humid, but not too bad at all.

Statue of King Louis XVI who Louisville was named for.

The World's larges bat outside the Louisville Slugger Museum
City Hall
Louisville, as many places in the Eastern United States, has
some beautiful churches, I just love the contrast here.
Here's Nate! After spending a good few hours on my own in downtown Louisville, Nate picked me up and took me to where he was working at the Off-Road Expo.
I got to see lots of really cool things that I don't know enough about to fully appreciate, but the nicest part was getting to see how much people love the company Nate works for and they love Nate too. There is always a great response to the work they do, and they're getting a good following.
Here's their Jeep. Doesn't it looks so cool? Nate's job is pretty awesome!



Above, me in front of the Belle of Louisville boat.

I took a boat ride on the Spirit of Jefferson (pictured above) boat up the Ohio River. It was a harbor history tour, so I got a lot of information about the area.

Sunday morning, while Nate was off to work, I took a walk back across the pedestrian bridge we crossed our first night in and walked a little further into Louisville and discovered the Lincoln Memorial park. It was beautiful and peaceful and is quite a tribute to Abraham Lincoln. I stayed there for a while and read a book and just enjoyed my last day without children.
I flew back early Monday morning, then drove with the kids the 2 1/2 hours back home. I felt refreshed and ready to face the summer with all 3 kids at home. I am so grateful to Nate's company for letting me join them and for my family for taking such great care of my kids and being willing to take them on while I was away (Mom & Roy they had a blast!).

Nate returned home the Friday after we came back, after driving and making several new stops on his way. After driving through all of those lush, green places, Nate was starting to wonder why it is we live in a desert, and it certainly hasn't helped that the temperature has been 100+ most days since his return. We all, however, are happy to be home and together again.

No comments: