We had a very busy March. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it.
The first weekend of March, we joined Nate to attend a Rock Crawling event. It was a lot of fun. I think of the kids, Holland was the most into watching the trucks. Every time they passed, or made a loud noise she'd go, "Whoa!" Noah and Porter did enjoy themselves too. A couple there gave the boys each a truck to play with and so they spent most of their time building a rock crawling course for their trucks to drive over. Of course, Porter lost his truck, TWICE- we never found it after the second time he lost it. After the race, we went to my parents' to celebrate the March family birthdays with a glorious feast. The next day, we went to church with some of Nate's family to hear his niece, Kendall, report on her mission in Argentina. It was a fun-filled, family-filled weekend. The day after that was my birthday. You can see below a picture Noah drew and put up to decorate for my "party". We had done a lot of celebrating over the weekend, so my birthday at home was a little more low-key. It was also the beginning of spring break for Noah.
The next weekend, Nate went away for another race to work the pit crew. The racer he pitted for (I have no idea if I'm wording this correctly) ended up finishing the race (a super difficult race) in first place!! My mom was able to meet for the day that Friday and we had an eventful trip to Peter Piper Pizza and to a couple of stores. Eventful because, well, after a very yummy lunch, while the boys played in the arcade, Holland had a diaper disaster that required her to walk out of the restaurant with just a diaper and her MaryJanes on. She got a brand new outfit from Grandma M after that. That weekend was also Grandma P's birthday so, although Nate didn't get home until later Sunday night, we had her over for a birthday dinner in her honor. She stayed the night and then was kind enough to watch the kids so I could go running which I hadn't been able to do because of spring break. After that she had lunch with me and the kids and headed back home. Below is a picture of the kids eating lunch at the picnic table Grandma P gave the kids for Christmas.
The next day, St. Patrick's Day, my dad came down for a visit. We had such a good time while he was here. He took us out for dinner and played with the kids. While he was visiting, we went to Tombstone, which we all really enjoyed. We watched a gunfight and saw the Historama of Tombstone which was way cooler than I was expecting. A few days later, our little family drove up to my parents' again and got to see my Aunt Nonie and cousin, Tam, and visit with some of my sibs yet again. I had lots of fun catching up with my cousin and Nate went to IKEA to buy a dresser for Noah. While Nate was away, Holland learned a new trick, as can be seen (or rather heard) in the clip below.
That's right, "Rocky Road!" This girl demands it! And often! Thank Mom for teaching her that one.
The next day, Nate and I went to the Temple, out to lunch, then back to the Temple for a Sealing of a couple from church, while Lisa babysat the kids. Before heading home from there, we stopped by to see the house our friends Jessie and Nathan just bought and moved into and stopped by my brother Mark's (who lives near them) before finally hitting the road.
We didn't travel anymore the rest of the month. Noah's two-week spring break ended and we got back to our usual schedule.
I just love this picture of Holland reading in her little chair.
Since Easter Sunday is general conference, we got the kids all gussied up in the "Easter" best for church just this last Sunday.
Sunday ended up being pretty darn exciting. The stake announced a special meeting for later that evening, which we attended. They formed a new ward in our area, of which we are a part. They also rearranged the boundaries of a few other wards to facilitate in the formation of this new ward. This came as an answer to a lot of prayers and fasting in our area and I think it's a good show of the missionary work that is being done here. Since we are in the new ward we are, at this moment, without callings, but I'm sure that won't last long. Our new Bishopric has 2 weeks to get people called and ready to serve before our first meeting as a new ward- I do not envy the stress they are likely feeling right now. I have been kind of emotional about this change, mostly because of my excitement, but also because some of our friends that we're used to getting to see and visit with at church will no longer be attending with us, but that doesn't mean we won't see them around- it's still a small town and our ward meets right between the other 2, so we'll get to see everyone as they're either going or coming.
So far as my health, I feel I'm doing a little better. I still don't know what's causing my health problems, but I've been focusing on eating better and exercising and, although I have pain still, I feel like it's making me stronger and like I have more control over my health. I'm just trying to stay positive.
Nate is away this week, enjoying some 4-wheeling in Moab, Utah- the lucky punk! We're looking forward to General Conference this weekend and, of course, Easter. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment