Friday, March 15, 2013

Baby on the Way!

We found out yesterday that we're having a girl! Since Noah has wanted a sister for a while, he is thrilled with the news. He has been busy designing hair bows and princess dresses for our little girl. As Nate and I were getting the kids ready for bed last night, I told them they'd better get ready to see a little more pink around the house. They both responded with a dramatic, "Noooooo!" It'll be fun to see how they adjust to the changes around the house once we have a little girl in our family. Of course, I'm sure they'll teach their sister all about super heroes and werewolves too. After the appointment for the ultrasound, we went to Costco to pick up a few groceries we needed, but Noah and I couldn't resist looking through the baby girl clothing and we bought the first of what I'm sure will be many outfits for her. My sister has already sent me pictures of hair bows a friend of hers has made for baby girl. Slowly I'll be adding to my very small collection of girl stuff over the next few months- I have what I bought yesterday, a pink blanket my mom made & gave to me when we told her we were expecting, and a blanket and dress with hat I had as a baby. Nate and I are very excited to meet our daughter later this summer.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Congratulations!! And how about names? I'm curious if it will be easy or hard for you and Nate to pick your girl's name. I'm sure the boys will have some suggestions....

Lines Family said...

I'm so excited for you! Girls are so much fun.the boys will be sure to teach her about superheros, and she can teach them about princesses. It will be fun times at your home.