I love all the work Nate and I (mostly Nate) have put into making our backyard an inviting place where we've had a lot of fun. In a city where having grass is a luxury (or hassel) most people don't possess, we're proud to have put the effort in and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. We love that we can run around and play with the dog and kids in our bare feet and have somewhere soft and cool to lay while we gaze up at the stars. Our two little trees we bought when Noah was just 6 months old have grown considerably and provide Noah with a fun place to climb and our yard with some shade. Nate worked hard on our patio area, it looks so nice. My rosemary plant is probably the thing I'll miss most. It smells so good and has aided in the seasoning of some delicious meals. I also love the way the smell of it just fills the air whenever someone rustles it a bit and I know Noah does too because I often have to keep him from rolling in it.
I have a love-hate relationship with our concrete floors. I've always loved watching people when they come to our home for the first time and see their reactions, "Are those tiles?" I love how easy it is to clean up a mess and how it gives our home a unique look. I have missed carpet though and I look forward to having it in our new home.
I've always loved the flow from our dining room to living room, it's so open and has been great for the various gatherings we have hosted. I have many memories of Noah running laps around the dining room table and then to me or Nate in the living room.
There isn't anything special about our kitchen, but this is the kitchen where I've done the most cooking and where I've enjoyed cooking the most. I've experimented a lot here and have learned a lot here too. This is the kitchen where I've cooked my first whole chicken, my first loaf of homemade bread, and where I've made some of my first "all-from-scratch" dishes. We've shared meals with family members and friends here, some of whom are no longer living.
Our home has been a special place for our little family. We've grown from a family of 2 humans and 1 dog, to a family of 2 humans and 2 dogs, then to 3 humans and 2 dogs, then 3 humans and 1 dog, and now to a family of 4 humans and 1 dog. Since living in this home Nate and I have graduated from college and Nate has found a job that he loves. It has been a wonderful place for us these 6 years. Goodbye house!
1 comment:
Wow, it's really happening! I'm glad you found a house close to Nate's work. It was fun to read about your memories at the house. We felt the same way when we moved. First houses are not too fancy but you put so much work into them it's hard to leave. Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment