A little information about our family and what we're up to these days.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Family History
I am not very good at doing my geneology, it's certainly something I could try a lot harder at, but I love learning about family history. Recently Nate and I pulled out a couple of family history books that we have for his family (one from his mom's side and the other from his dad's side). My main reason for bringing the books out was to see if we could find a family name we liked, but while searching through the books we came across some really neat stories of Nate's ancestors. Two of my favorite stories are of women in Nate's family that were pretty fiesty. One woman, I can't remember names at the moment, had always expected her husband to keep the woodbox full so she could heat the home and cook. Her husband skipped the chore for a few days and she was very upset with the delay it caused her in getting her regular activities and chores around the house done. After a few days of his neglect, she decided to teach him a lesson, she chose not to fill the woodbox and served her husband a dinner consisting of a raw chicken, uncooked vegetables, and an axe. I can picture my sister doing something like that :). Anyway, reading these stories and looking over all the names and connections to people in Nate's family really made me wish I had more things like that for myself and my family. I know my parents have a lot of stories about ancestors, and pictures too, but I think it's about time I get started on writing it all down and putting it together for everyone to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that story. I think you're a fiesty woman as well.
Post a Comment