Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Trip to San Diego (minus Nate)

While Nate and his scouts set out on a week-long canoe trip on the Colorado River, Noah and I took a drive out to San Diego to visit Lori, Owen, and Justin. We were especially happy to have Grandma P. and Lisa along with us. The trip was a lot of fun and went by much too quickly. I was so excited to take Noah to the beach for his first time, although it was a little sad that Nate couldn't be there. Noah had a great time playing in the sand and enjoyed watching the "moving water" (as he calls it) from the safety of the beach more than actually playing in it- I can't blame him, it was a bit chilly. Fortunately for me I had extra adults around to supervise Noah while I played around in the ocean for a bit. In addition to our 2 wonderful days at the beach, we also spent a day at the San Diego Zoo and another day in Old Town San Diego where we got to visit the Mormon Battalion Museum which was absolutely wonderful. We had a blast and loved being able to spend each day with family. Thank you to Grandma P. and Lisa for taking the trip with us and thanks bunches to Lori and Owen for having us all in their home and eating their food for an entire week (we love you guys).

Noah and I on our first visit to the beach

Justin in his hole

A very happy Noah after feeding a leaf to a goat at the zoo

Caterpillar Noah and Butterfly Justin

Noah and I outside the Polar Bear habitat (I spotted the comedian Jim Gaffigan here)

Noah and Justin popping out of the ice with a buddy

I didn't get all of the sand out of Noah's ears until about 2 days after we were home

Lisa with Lori (proudly displaying her adorable baby bump)

The whole clan just before us Zonies headed home

Nate was a little jealous after seeing our vacation pictures so there's a good chance we may take a drive out there again sometime soon.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks like you guys had so much fun! Noah is getting cuter every time! Can you tell him to stop growing up, because he is doing it way too fast! Sorry we missed you guys on the fourth and hope you had a fun time!

Amber Omer said...

That picture of Noah's sand covered face and head is hilarious! Wow....sand is amazing huh? They just love it so much though. At least my kids sure do!

Looks like a fun vacation!

Unknown said...

Wow he's getting so big - What a cutie!