Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Woes of the Nose (AKA Camille, I feel your pain)

I have officially crossed one parental right of passage- extract an object from your child's nose. Last night on our way home from picking Nate up from work, Noah began pulling the padding in his carseat out from around his seatbelt (an unfortunately common thing). However instead of just throwing it and making a big mess in the car as usual he started stuffing it up one of his nostrils. I got him to stop and pulled what I could out while we were still driving, but when we got home we took a look and saw that more was stuffed in. We got out the tweezers (praying we wouldn't make things worse) and pulled out a little piece of fluff, only to find another piece of fluff stuffed even further up the nostril. We extracted that fluff successfully, and then another. Noah got pretty frustrated with us meanwhile but happily all the fluff was removed from his nose without a trip to the doctor's office.


1 comment:

Camille said...

Wow, you guys must be more skilled with the tweezers than we are. Nice job avoiding the doctor's office. Let's hope these boys have learned their lesson.