Friday, February 11, 2011

What do I have in common with these superheros?

Wonder Woman

Noah loves everything superhero these days. We often find DVDs of the old Super Friends episodes at the library and take them home to watch. If you'll remember a while back, maybe about a year ago, Noah made up his very first superhero alter-ego, Super Stick. He has moved on from Super Stick since then and usually just pretends to be other superheroes he knows like Spider Man, Green Lantern, or Super Man. A lot of times he'll call himself one superhero and then have Nate pretend to be another superhero (these always change, depending on Noah's mood and what we're playing), but Noah always has me be Wonder Woman. I'm sure he always has me be Wonder Woman because that's the only girl superhero he knows, but I have to admit, I like being Wonder Woman, even if it is just for pretend. Some days I feel like I am Wonder Woman, I get chores done, have a blast enjoying special time with Noah, and I cook a great dinner. I may not have an invisible jet, and I'm no good with a lasso, but I'm glad I can be Wonder Woman for my kid (at least on some days).

The Hulk

I really have never understood what is so "super" about The Hulk, but I can at the very least understand him a little better these days. For some reason in the past few weeks I've felt like I've become Mommy Hulk. I don't know if it's because I'm 7 months pregnant and my hormones are going wacky, but I just have so little patience. I get frustrated and irritated at the drop of a pin and my reactions to little irritations are often way beyond reasonable. It's unfortunate too because I've been working so hard to become more patient and have made (I feel) a lot of progress, but I feel I'm having to work harder at it now, more than ever before. I guess The Hulk and I have some anger issues we need to sort out, at least I don't turn green- although I have gotten quite large.

Rogue

I recently discovered my first (and only) grey hair! It's just one, silvery-grey, thin, little hair among a full head of my brown hair, but it's there. I told Nate about it and he seemed surprised that I hadn't pulled it out. I still haven't, I'm waiting to see if more follow or if it was just a fluke. Also, I worry (completely irrationally, I know) that if I pull it, 3 more will grow in it's place. So, for now, I wear my silver-grey streak of hair proudly, just like Rogue.

Anyway, I love the stage Noah is at right now. His imagination is incredible and we have so much fun playing together. I also really enjoy listening to him play with his toys, the conversations they have are priceless. Last night after his bath, Noah ran to his bedroom, wearing his towel like a cape, and called himself Naked Buns-Head. He than began telling me a story about Naked Buns-Head, who is apparently a really strong superhero, and all the cool fighting moves he can do. What a silly guy.

No comments: