Monday, June 28, 2010

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt

We are having a super fun summer! Last summer I over did it a little bit with scheduling swim lessons and gymnastics so we were busy every day and were never able to just go and do whatever we wanted. I decided not to sign up for anything this summer and, although it took a while to get used to not having to be anywhere, we are really loving the time together. We're getting to be creative in finding fun things to do and I'm really enjoying the opportunity our under-scheduled summer has given me to observe how much Noah really is growing up and what an awesome kid he is. Here are some pictures of the fun we've had so far- I've also thrown in a few pictures of some summer injuries Noah has had, it really wouldn't be summer fun without a few stings and sprains.

We set up a little play pool in the yard and it has been so much fun to play in for all of us. Noah usually plays in it while Nate and I work in the yard, but one day while I was working it was so hot I had to sit in there for a bit to cool off- Noah thought it was fun to see me in there with all of my clothes on. Below are some pictures of Noah, completely drenched, Nate decided to empty out the pool on him.





Noah loves to invent his own games. Below is a picture of him playing "boat". This game involves loading all of his stuffed animals on his bed (the boat) and "saving" them. I'm not exactly sure what he's "saving" the animals from... maybe the rain.



I've had a lot of fun trying to involve Noah more with our household chores. Here's a picture of him helping Nate make eggs.



Below is a picture of my poor little guy after his very first bee sting. We tried to warn him about bees, but he had to learn that lesson the hard way. He picked a bee up and it stung him right on the tip of his finger. Nate was able to get the stinger out and I took Noah in to get his finger on some ice and put some cream on it. He felt better once he was resting and watching Peter Pan.



Noah fell pretty bad on his foot on Father's day, we think he sprained his ankle. He recovered fairly quickly (after 2 days of resting) and then, once feeling much better, he dropped a brick on the same foot! He's doing a whole lot better now and the bruise is almost all gone, here's a picture of Noah's injured tootsies.



Below is just a cute picture that Nate took of Noah when he discovered him playing in a tire.



Here's another picture of Noah helping out at home. He loves to dust with me- I think it's because of the cool dusting glove I use. It's so fun to do chores with him.



Our free time this summer has also made it possible for Noah and I to take some day trips. Last week my brother, Dave, and my niece and nephew, Maizie and Dawsen, came down and we drove to Bisbee for the day. It was a really fun trip (I'll share pictures soon). We're planning a family trip this weekend to visit my mom and step-dad in Springerville to get out of the heat and Noah and I are trying to convince Grandma Price to join us in a couple of weeks for a trip to San Diego while Nate is off with the Scouts. I love the summer!

No comments: