Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In Memory of Uncle Tim

My sweetheart of an uncle, Timothy Lee S., passed away last night after too many years of illness and pain. He was the best uncle a girl could ever ask for. I remember searching for seashells in his backyard (I never could figure out how he had seashells in his yard in Tucson!), riding his dog Sanders like a horse through the desert, and taking day trips with him to many different places. Once he took me to a pumpkin patch to pick a Halloween pumpkin; afterwards he and I went to Golden Corral and he suggested we eat dessert first then, if we had enough room, lunch second, I was so excited! He is one of few people I have encountered who truly loved unconditionally and was loyal to all he loved. I love him so much and will miss his presence in my family.
Thank you Uncle Tim for teaching me how to love... and how to have fun.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so sorry for your lost! If you need anything just let me know, I am always here to listen to you! I love you, and I hope you start feeling better soon!

Camille said...

Dessert first and lunch second? My kind of guy! That's what uncles are for--teaching you how to have fun. I'm sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing what you've learned from him.

J2A2K (darth_ender) said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle! He sounds like a really fun uncle.:) I know it's tough losing someone you love, but I'm so glad you have so many good memories of him. I bet you miss him, and I bet he misses you too. If you ever need anything please let me know. I hope you're doing well and keeping your spirits high. I wish the best to you and your family! Take care!